THE INSPIRING STORY OF SARAH JAKES ROBERTS ON HER JOURNEY TO EVOLVING


Hello Lovelies! How's the week coming?  Who's missed us?  😄😄😄😄
Will be sharing the inspiring story of a leading woman who went through pain while growing up but decided to put the past behind her and turn her pain to purpose 👑💕... We all know there is power in story telling 😁😄  Enjoy the amazing story and be inspired 🙌🙌🙌
...
Less than a year after Time magazine deemed Bishop T.D. Jakes "America's Best Preacher," Sarah , his daughter, discovered that she was pregnant at 13.

Although her family stood by her side as the judgment poured in, the shame that loomed wouldn't be easy to shake. Sarah worked tirelessly to finish high school early while raising her son, but her attempt to redeem her image unraveled in college as she sunk into an unhealthy relationship (and, later, marriage) marked by infidelity and deceit.

She  later went through a difficult public divorce. On the brink of divorce, Sarah launched a personal blog as an outlet to address her hurt through prayers and stories that mirrored her own. In this space, she didn't have to conceal her brokenness. 

Here, she had the liberty to own her scars. Little did she know, she would draw an audience of women longing to do the same. 
In an interview with Black Enterprise, Sarah Roberts narrated her experience by stating : "I wish that I could tell you that it was just one moment, but it was a series of events. Each of those events was rooted in service. I was in my first marriage, and at a really broken point in my life. 

I didn’t want to go through another church scandal by first being a teen mom, and then having a divorce so I thought to myself I’ll blog, and hopefully through blogging, I’ll be able to help another woman avoid some of the issues that I’m dealing with. 

The more that I blogged about my situation, the more I asked myself what if you became the woman who is on the other side of those words? What if you actually took control of your life and decided to not just be this “mother” who is just going to die for their sake? As I was blogging and connecting with other women, and seeing that I wasn’t the only one who had made difficult choices, it really inspired me to see what we could do if I dusted off the ashes and chose to rebuild.

Glad to share with you today that Sarah Roberts has turned her pain into purpose by leading a ministry and creating her own entrepreneurial lane with a podcast, fashion line, and Woman Evolve, a national conference and movement to help women shatter glass ceilings. 

She is today a four-time author, media personality, wife, and mother of four children. She has a flair for inspiring women to get through difficult times in their lives while deepening their relationship with God  and she does it her way.

Sarah Roberts speaks on stage with a vibrant personality and her own style,  she challenges everything from church and cultural norms to self limiting beliefs, and toxic relationships.

I'm sure you enjoyed the read and you've been inspired lovelies!  Embrace the pain in your becoming story and discover the purpose therein 💕💕. 

Will love to receive comments from you in the comments section 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this write up, I have always wanted to read about SJR, her story is really inspiring and it has encouraged me to move above the pain. Thanks, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Glad you've been inspired! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is an inspiring story. GOD bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priscilla 😍😍 Thank you so much for stopping by! Truly glad you were inspired...

      Delete
  3. inspimiles@gmail.com3 July 2019 at 08:23

    i am young single woman to a 6 year old boy. the story of this lady has inspired me to see that my difficulties are there for a purpose to serve. thank you for sharing such wonderful broken pieces of your life that have mended you to become a great woman Sarah..God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been struggling to stand firm in God's word, but I keep going back to my old ways of fonicatung and trying to blend with the world. I really wish God will give me the grace to take a forever decision to serve him and to overcome trials and temptation .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top 10 Health Tips Of Bananas And Banana Fruit Benefits
    Health Tips Of Bananas

    Health Tips Find Beauty Tips and Tricks For Learn Health
    Pakhealthtips.com/

    Health Tips, Health News, Health Care and Fitness Tips
    Health Tips

    Health Benefits of Fruit: Vitamins, Minerals + Fiber
    Fruit Health Tips

    Health Benefits of Vegetables: Vitamins, Nutrients, Fiber
    Vegetable Health Tips

    ReplyDelete

Instagram