"THE MOST IMPORTANT BEAUTY TIP I WILL GIVE ANY WOMAN IS TO NEVER BUY A FAKE MAKEUP PRODUCT" -CEO, ABIKE_BAMBI


Happy new week darlings!!! May God perfect all that concerns us this week and bless us beyond our expectations. Amen🙏🙏…

Will be sharing an interesting interview session we had with a “dynamic” makeup artiste. We call her dynamic because she isn't just about the facebeat but she’s also acquainted with the nitty-gritty of the art and trains ladies/young women on essential beauty tips.
Meet Abiola Olanrewaju popularly called “Bambi”...

Enjoy sweets!

LODF: Hello ma'am, thanks for honoring our invitation.
Can we meet you?
BAMBI:  I am Olanrewaju Abiola Emmanuella, a 500 level student of the Faculty of Law, Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-ife, Osun State.

LODF: What would you love to tell us about your growing up?
BAMBI: I would say growing up for me has been adventurous, I changed schools a lot right from my primary school up until my secondary school and that gave me the opportunity to meet people from different backgrounds having different mindsets and perspectives.

LODF: Why did you venture into the makeup industry and why do you love makeup?
BAMBI: I remember during the holidays (when I was in secondary school ) , I loved using different colors of eyeshadow though I wasn’t good with the application but I had the opportunity to see how it should be done when my Aunty’s makeup artist came around for her makeup trial because she was getting married then. 
When I saw the whole process and all she did , I totally fell in love with the skill and I knew I was going to venture into it.

LODF: How long have you been in the industry and how has it been so far?
BAMBI: I have been in the industry now for four years though I had to take a break for a while because I had to brush up my techniques and skills. The journey so far has been good honestly but one thing I have learnt is that the business gives you back the effort and time you give to it.

LODF: Your brand name is Abike_Bambi,(a name that strikes a chord ), what inspired the name "Bambi"?

BAMBI: Well, Bambi is from my grandfather’s ‘Arabambi’ which was later changed to ‘Olanrewaju’, my dad then used ‘Bambi’ as his business name and when I needed a name for my business I decided to use Bambi because I  love the name. The love for the name inspired its usage.

 


LODF: We've been really inspired by your every-monday-beauty-tips, can you tell us what inspired you to do that?


BAMBI: I realized that many ladies love to use the trending foundation lipstick and all but some end up lamenting that the particular product they got is not a good product where as those product are actually good, so I ask them a question ‘what’s your skin type?’ 
And their response is that they don’t know or they throw the same question back at me. Then I decided to take it upon myself to share the basic knowledge every makeup lover should have and since I was taught in the makeup schools I attended (In vogue makeup school & House of Tara makeup school) I knew it was something I would enjoy doing.

LODF: Would love to tap from your wealth of knowledge - Can you share with us common beauty mistakes women make?
BAMBI: Common mistakes women make when it comes to makeup are :
•not getting the right shade of foundation
•having a thin brow
•not getting the right kind of foundation for their skin type, etc.

 


LODF: Who are the people that inspire you on this journey?
BAMBI: A lot of people actually inspire me, the list is long but let me just name few of them: Banke Meshida Lawal, Tara Fela Durotoye, Bobbi Brown, Anastasia Soare .....

LODF: What's the biggest challenge you face as a make-up artiste and what keeps you going?

BAMBI: As a makeup artist you get to meet ‘different’ people and one has to know that you manage people differently because one’s clients can never be the same. What keeps me going is the love and passion I have for the skill.

LODF: Where do you see yourself and your brand in few years?
BAMBI : Well it can only get better, I see myself and my brand going global 😁😁 producing good and affordable makeup products and also impacting the lives of people positively.


LODF: What's your favourite quote?

BAMBI: I don’t have a favorite quote but this is what I tell myself on a regular basis ‘Before you try to change a person, understand where they are coming from’

LODF: What else do you love doing asides makeup?
BAMBI: Taking pictures of people 😄😄

LODF: What's the most important beauty advice you can give to women?
BAMBI: Never ever buy a fake makeup product!

LODF: 3 words that describe you.
BAMBI: God fearing, honest and jovial
💙💙💙
Thank you so much.

Trust you enjoyed the interview session… You could link up with BAMBI via her IG page, her handle is @makeupbyabikebambi or put a call through to her :  0816 567 0333 to book a session! You will be glad you did 😘😘

Have a fabulous week FAM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram