"WHO YOU WILL BECOME ON THE OTHER SIDE OF FEAR WILL BLOW YOUR MIND" -INTERVIEW WITH DR. OORE ADEJUYIGBE



Heyyyyyyyy, been a while here you know! Happy New Month lovelies!!! Welcome to a new Quarter💕💕💕 May this month be one of celebrations and rejoicing. 

Guess what we have for you today??? We featured an amazing personality on our Interview Series and here we are! Meet Dr. OoreOluwa Adejuyigbe, a medical doctor and founder of Work In Progress. A Christian organization focused on encouraging continued growth of people in their relationships with God, regardless of where they are now. 

This is carried out through general events, and accountability group meetings in various locations. 
Had so much fun during the interview plus she's got a good sense of humour 😄😄
Enjoy the read FAM!



LODF:It's good to have you here Ma'am.Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
Guest: Hiiii! My name is Ooreoluwa Adejuyigbe. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am also a medical doctor who recently graduated from OAU,Ife. I am the first of three incredible children. I have a ministry called Work In Progress.
 Urhm, I absolutely love music. I keep sooo many journals. Seafood is bae. I almost love my space to a ridiculous fault. I think the human mind is extremely fascinating. I love to laugh. 
Humor is such a big deal to me. If you’re not funny, we can’t be friends lol. I’m kidding oooo. What else? Yeah, I’m always using my brain lol. I just mean that I think wayyyyyy more than I speak. You’ll figure out the rest later 

LODF: What was growing up like for you?
Guest: It was actually pretty fun. I was almost always with my sisters and they have so much energy and that could be a great delight. We always had something to do; whether it was making pretend spaceships with drums, or climbing trees, or running (gosh! We used to run so much).

 We went visiting a lot as well and that was always great. I was a tomboy when I was younger because ‘girly’ things felt soooo stressful. But overall, growing up was very exciting. I’d want my children to have a lot of outdoor experiences as well. Not every time digital. 

LODF:What is your personal mission statement?
Guest: To help people. I am called to be a helper, to make life easier for people. This is the central framework of everything I will ever do By God’s Grace  - Spiritually, Mentally, Emotionally etc. And I don’t mean it in a cheesy way. I am here to teach people what God teaches me basically (about every area of life), and clearly I just started 😶

LODF: What inspired you to start Work In Progress ?
Guest: Ah! Do you have time? It’s a long story oooo. . I was in a terrible place in practically every area of my life. I desperately needed to hear God speak directly to me. The hunger intensified. This eventually led me to re-dedicate my life to Him ,I got saved. Fast forward to months later, the hunger for God multiplied and by His Grace I started to study His Word all the time. 

One thing led to another and I started listening to the messages of certain people. Months later , I started to have increased desires to share with people the things God was teaching me. But, I didn’t at first. I need to mention that I had people I constantly spoke to and who helped me almost every step of the way. 

Long story short, I was fellowshipping with The King one day when I saw “Work In Progress”. Then the instructions came. I OBVIOUSLY did not want it (for sooo many reasons). I got many confirmations and then my spiritual support system encouraged me to go ahead. And after a while, I obeyed and here we are ... 

LODF: How do you handle fear and challenges when taking a giant step?
Guest:Well, I literally run to God...sometimes, heck most times, with tears in my eyes. I tell God in plain English what my fears are and everything I am feeling. He always responds and that ALWAYS changes everything. Also, since my walk with God began to progress, the number of things that scare me has significantly decreased. 

I used to have so many fears. I also really feed on testimonies of people a lot. Especially of people who did mind-blowing things, in whatever areas of life. I seek a lot of godly counsel as well. 
Then, before I make any moves I always see the images/visions. And trust me, it’s easier to have a ‘we die there’ mentality when you have seen the ultimate outcome. 

LODF: What is inspiring you right now?
Guest: I think it’s things I have written down already. I go over them and there’s a new surge of energy when I see the work that still lies ahead. 

Also, people inspire me. I get a lot of inspiration from seeing what people might be struggling with. It always births something in me that wants to help in the most radically creative way possible. 

LODF: What keeps you motivated?
Guest:Probably the same as what inspires me. But also, the fact that I MUST die empty. I want to hear “Weldone, good and faithful servant”. That is major goals for me. 

LODF: What does your typical day look like?
Guest:I currently have a lot of free time so, my days recently have not been particularly hectic.
Yesterday, I started making plans to learn a new language so that is about to be in my daily routine. I have some projects that I need to finish construction on soon. 

I listen to a lot of music. I write a lotttt in my journals. I have different journals for different things. I study God’s Word a lot because for me, I genuinely feel lost without it. I basically have ‘alone time’ which is code name for studying, worshipping, praying, getting instructions etc. 
Fam, I watch a loottt of YouTube videos  - sermons, entertainment, talk shows, “How to” videos (and for some reason I have been procrastinating on learning proper makeup application 😒🤦🏽‍♀). I actually spend a lot of time on YouTube. Music videos are bae as well especially those that are like Hillsong’s concerts with all the effects. I want those at my meetings. I spend a lot of time gisting with family when I’m home. I eat.  Lol. My appetite has increased 💃🏽. 

LODF: What do you think women need more of?
Guest:GENUINE support of each other 

LODF: What piece of advice do you have for any woman or man who is afraid of taking a big leap on the journey of becoming?

Guest: Who you will become on the other side of your fear will blow your mind. 
Don’t live a life less than what was pre-destined for you because of something that can be overcomed. Kindly check out the things I mentioned earlier that help me in this regard and I believe they will help you too. 

LODF: Any inspiring words for our revered readers?*
Guest: Thank you for your patience. You are truly one of a kind. 
Thank you so much

That brings us to the end of the interview... Hope you enjoyed it? Have a great month ahead sweets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram